Monday, October 15, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook #1


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... Beautiful blue skies, rolling Autumn fields.

I am thinking... Of how much I really need to simplify.

I am thankful... For my daughter's beautiful heart.

In the kitchen... Shines my daughter's helping hand, it is clean!

I am wearing... An old jean skirt and a dark purple t-shirt.

I am creating... A yielded heart.

I am going... No where today, nor for the rest of the week. Unless Jesus calls me up, of course.

I am wondering... If my husband will catch any fish today. Fresh fish would be a welcome dinner.

I am reading... Contagious Joy

I am hoping... For my husband to have work tomorrow.

I am looking forward to... Slightly cooler weather.

I am learning... How to simplify and re-prioritize

Around the house... The children are taking a break watching Winnie the Pooh

I am pondering... Nothing really.

A favorite quote for today... "Renewing our minds involves setting aside the world's way of thinking and allowing Christ's way of thinking to dwell in us richly.  This is the only way we can truly love others, forgive others, and see others the way Christ does."

One of my favorite things... Long walks in the Autumn sun as the breeze gently caresses my face, surrounded by the rich chorus of crickets, birds, frogs, and cows. Perfect harmony.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Fall cleaning is well underway.

A peek into my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment