Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Bite of Pride

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."
Colossians 4:5

"There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health."
Proverbs 12:18

"The wise in heart shall be called prudent: and the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning."
Proverbs 16:21

Don't really have much to say today, but have much to contemplate. If only well-meaning people knew how many people they cause to reject the Bible by slicing them with words and scripture, maybe they would do things differently. We were not created to be harbingers of doom and destruction, and we are not brought up in a post-Holy Spirit world to be the last two witnesses in Revelation. Rather, we are called to love, and to extend grace, and to show forth mercy and forgiveness, as the Lord did. In no way is this condoning of sin, but rather rejecting personal revelation and ones who think they know, and can speak, the mind of God. NO ONE can judge another person's salvation, especially when the "sin" in question is not a sin! I am grieved today, over the pride of man. Personal injuries are of no matter, but I am hurt for the one doing the cutting. Like the Apostle Paul, he may think he is going God a favor, but he is only blaspheming the power of the cross and the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ. How many who were truly seeking came before him with questions, only to turn away saying "If THAT is their God, I want nothing to do with it!" and walk away still lost and without salvation? We will never know. However, we can bring a lesson out of everything that we encounter, and we can also pray. Lord, please bless him, and bless him with wisdom, and understanding, and remind him of the grace that he walks in and what you saved him out of.

I don't even know this guy, never spoke with him or knew of his existence before yesterday. I don't know who or where he is in his walk with Christ, but I do pray for the Lord to reveal to him what needs to be revealed. In a world of hatred, love is everything, just as Christ loved us.

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."

~1 Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment