Thursday, October 25, 2012

Make haste, O God



"Make haste, o God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord.
Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.
Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha.
Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.
But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O Lord, make no tarrying."

Psalm 70



"Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

Psalm 61:1-2

"And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me."
~Genesis 32:24-26

"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." 

Hebrews 4:14-16

parrésia: freedom of speech, confidence
Original Word: παρρησία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: parrésia
Phonetic Spelling: (par-rhay-see'-ah)
Short Definition: freedom, confidence
Definition: freedom, openness, especially in speech; boldness, confidence.



Learning to be Bold

As I grow in my walk with Christ, so am I learning to be bold. Perhaps God the Father has seemed such an authoritative and distant figure to me for too long,  or perhaps I feel too unworthy to approach Him with such trivial matters, but nevertheless, I am wrong. Gone are my days of wistful half-prayer generalities and tiptoeing around the throne as if not to disturb an authoritative figure, and here to stay are my days of praying with power.

O to have the power of prayer like King David! Who so BOLDLY even prayed the haste of the Lord in provision and deliverance! Not only did he pray specifically, but he asked God to hurry up! "I need you NOW, Lord, MAKE HASTE!" How great a godly confidence must he have had! Lord, help me to be bold  and confident in YOUR power as my High Priest, in YOUR blood and redemption, as my Savior.

What a PRIVILEGE to carry everything to God in prayer.

"The book of Acts shows a church operating with a ring of victory. Theirs were not namby-pamby prayers. These people learned how to pray victorious prayers, saturated their lives with prayer, and God gave the victory." ~Adrian Rogers


More Resources:















No comments:

Post a Comment