Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Some Thoughts on Fruit

"And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ; Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11

Sound, biblically exercised judgement will always lead to cultivation of the fruits of righteousness, I do believe. If any judgement leads to action contrary, I would have to wonder, am I acting biblically here? If it does not cultivate in me, and manifest outwardly the fruits of the Spirit including love, joy, peace, longsuffering, goodness, gentleness, faith, meekness, and temperance, then is it really judgement that will find favor with God? This passage states that we should judge so that we can approve things that are excellent, not so that we can showcase the flaws of others and condemn them. Regardless, any action should be unto the glory and praise of God. God says that any man who is angry with his brother is guilty of murder, so is any judgment made out of a heart of anger a judgment that will bring glory and praise to God? Just some things I have been pondering. Lord help me be more like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment