Tuesday, October 2, 2012

God's Triumph in our Faithlessness

Matthew 14:22-33

~*~

Isn't it funny, how Peter is elevated for his "faith which caused him to walk on water," and how many look to Peter as the primary example of how we can do anything, even walk on water, if we only have faith?

Frankly, that is not true. That image of Peter, a man of so great of faith that he walked on water, is not an accurate depiction. Peter did not walk on the water because of his great faith, the Lord caused him to walk on the water because of his faithlessness.

Yes, that's right. Because of his LACK of faith, Peter walked on water.

"Lord, *IF* it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water."

However, what did he do when he started to sink?

"But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me."

He cried out immediately for the salvation of the Lord, and the Lord responded to prove His power, His might, His dominion, and HIS FAITHFULNESS. In Peter's faithlessness, the LORD was made strong.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Cor 12:9

Isn't it wonderful, amazing, so undeserved, that the Lord would take our weakest moments and turn them into a message so powerful and so resounding, that it would impact the entire world, and even echo into eternity?

Praise be to God, and all glory and power unto Him! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment