Monday, November 29, 2010

I am blessed: The keeper of my home



As a SAHM and homekeeper, I have come to the agreement with the Lord and my husband that the home is my responsibility. He works to provide an income to put food on the table and pay bills, and I work to provide a happy, stable, clean home atmosphere for him to come home to and relax in. I expect nothing from him excep...t for genuine love and affection for the kids and I. Does he help? Yes, he does so willingly, and I appreciate it and tell him so, but I do not expect it from him. Dirty diapers are my responsibility. Dishes and laundry are my responsibility. Making sure the bills get paid is my responsibility. Making sure food gets on the table and in the kids' bellies is my responsibility. My job is to serve my husband, and it is pleasing to the Lord. I delight in my job and responsibilities as a way to serve the Lord and my husband with a joyful heart! I thank God every day for that opportunity, and pray always that I do nothing to hinder it, so that the name of the Lord may not be blasphemed, for that would be the greatest dishonor to both my husband, who is my spiritual head, and to the Father Himself. I accept my role as God has given it, being a wife and mother, and I do so gladly. I delight in my chores, knowing that if I was not cooking and cleaning for my husband, some other woman would be. If I was not caring for my husband's children, someone else would be. I have been so blessed, and even more so by accepting the role as God intended. ♥

"that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5 (NKJV)

~The Greek word used in Titus for "homemakers" or "keepers at home" is οἰκουρός/oikourgos which is defined "working at home" {http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/3626.htm}, for those who would seek to imply that it means otherwise to justify actions that go against what the Word teaches. A homekeeper is directly what Paul was implying, not just that the woman do the chores, nag her husband about not doing his "fair share", and then is free to pursue work outside the home while leaving her kids in the care of someone else, for the record. Trying to balance what God intended for the wife and mother, and worldly desires lead to despising either one or the other, and 9 times out of 10, the one that provides more money is not despised as much as the "burden" of the other. Just a side note, hate me if you want, but it is the Truth. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment