Monday, November 29, 2010

Cloth Diapers and Snappi Fasteners!


Soooo, I got my shipment of Cloth-eez prefolds from Green Mountain Diapers in a couple of weeks ago. :-D

24 size newborn, 24 size small, 24 size medium, 24 size large, and 12 size X-Large/Toddler.

Also got four hemp doublers to sample, a roll of each size of theBummis Bio-liners, and 24 Malden Mills fleece liners.

Very cool.

Plus, I ordered a few Bummis covers. The Super Brites and theWhisper Wraps.

Very cool indeed.

Then, I got wise and ordered four Snappi Diaper Fasteners (since I am afraid of pins!) and a couple of the Thirsties Diaper Covers to go along with the stash.

Overall, I am not too crazy about the Whisper Wrap. They work great, don't get me wrong, but I like the security that comes with the double gussets like on the Thirsties and Bummis Super Brites.

The hemp doublers work great for my six week old, but for the older ones I prefer to use my Fuzzibunz doublers because they are bigger, longer, and more absorbent.

I figured I throw some pictures up as a sort of tutorial for those who may not know well how prefold cloth diapering works. :-)

First, you need a kid! (Haha!)


Second, Set up your diaper. You will need the prefold, the doubler (if you wish to use one), and the fleece liner (to wick moisture away from the skin). Lay the prefold out flat, then on top of the center section lay the doubler, and on top of the doubler lay the fleece liner:



Then, fold the prefold like so:



(You would also lay the bio-liner on top of the set-up at this point.)

Then, put it under your baby and fold the front part up, like so:



Then, take your Snappi Fastener, or diaper pins and fasten the diaper securely onto baby!



Last, but not least, put you diaper cover on securely and viola! a clean and dry baby!





I recommend both Green Mountain Diapers and Diaper Junction for all of your cloth diapering needs. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment