Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm so excited! **Updated!!**

**UPDATE** We found MoMo! Well, he kind of just appeared in the kitchen, almost too weak to move. I layed down on the couch this morning waiting on Danny to get home and I hear this "Mea-Meow!" I sit up and I think I am hearing things, then I go into the kitchen and he's sitting right there on the floor in front of the fridge, shaking. I have since cuddled and forced some beef broth into him, along with some turkey gravy, and he is showing interest in eating it off the spoon himself now, so maybe he will be okay! We think it was a bad reaction to either his first shot or the dewormer (or both) that he got day before yesterday. Whatever hiding spot he had, it was a good one! We searched everywhere!  

**UPDATE #2** MoMo doesn't look too good. He started spazing out, like he couldn't stop crawling on his side in circles, now his neck is stuck in a back (looking up) position and he is just laying there. I don't know if it was a reaction to the shots or deworming or not. He was perfectly healthy when we picked him up from the feed store, and was fine all that evening. I just don't know. 

Well, this week has not been our best week so far. Our eight chickens found themselves in the clutches of a dog, and none escaped. So, to soften the blow to the kids, we got a free kitten for them, and we named him MoMo. Sooo.... today, we discovered that Matthew had opened the front door and left it open as he was going to get in the truck, and not only was Sarah halfway down the walkway, but we discovered later that MoMo had gone missing! We searched this entire house, and he's not here! We even cooked BACON to entice him out, and nothing. We think he may have gotten outside. Hopefully he's just scared and hiding, or maybe he's hanging out with the other neighborhood cats, and maybe he will find his way home. Oh, tiny tiny kitten. He was only about 6 or 7 weeks old. Cute as a button, and very friendly. He loved to play, never cried a bit except for last night after we went to bed and he couldn't find us. He used the litter box like a pro. Sweetest kitty ever, aside from my Oliver who died last year. So, after Amy had a good cry, we came to the conclusion that he was gone for good, unless by some miracle he managed to stay away from the dogs outside.


SO, While I am not excited about the week's events concerning animals, I AM excited because I am going to pick up sewing again! Especially with Danny working at night now, I need SOMEthing to keep my mind occupied. Gonna start making wide headbands and headcoverings again, and I am going to try to save up some money to purchase some modest girls' patterns, skirts and dresses and underskirts/underthings, and maybe even some women's modest dress/skirt patterns so I can start making not only for my girls and myself (for what I can wear during pregnancy), but to also sell on Etsy and Ebay, hopefully to help bring some sort of income in, even if it is a little bit. Every little bit counts in a big family on a budget. :-) I am looking at some patterns from Modest Handmaidens, Common Sense, and The King's Daughters too. There are a few from Sense & Sensibility patterns that I like, but I'm not THAT into vintage-wear. :-)

Still working on learning to knit, but I'm thinking about trying my hand at crocheting to see if it is any easier, cause knitting is HARD!! :-(

I guess I will be starting a blog for Rose Cottage Creations again. I have a business account with PayPal so I can post "Buy It Now" buttons on my blog with the products. It's helpful. Takes some programming, but it's very cool. :-)

SO, that's about it for now. Danny is starting his new job tonight, and hopefully they can find room to get him up to full time quickly, because that would be a real blessing. Still trusting in God and doing all for His glory.

"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment