Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goal for the week: Pursuing godliness and femininity


"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works." 
1 Timothy 2:9-10

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." 
Galatians 5:22:26

"Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;"
Philippians 2:14-15


I have decided to set a new goal for myself for each week in my pursuit of godliness and femininity. Most of you know my convictions about outward femininity, but the femininity I will be focusing on here is the inward femininity, the condition of my heart. I invite you to take this journey with me, and perhaps we can be of encouragement to each other along the way.

My goal for this week: Philippians 2:14. I am going to do ALL things without "murmuring" or complaining. God put me where I am for a reason, and conditions beyond my control are not worth complaining about, and if I put myself into any undesirable situation, I have no one but myself to blame and don't need to complain because it's only myself to blame. 


What would your goal for this week be?

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment