Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Goal for the Week: Pursuing Godliness and Femininity

"Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." Matthew 22:36-37

"He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself." Luke 10:26-27

"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Matthew 10:37






I have decided to set a new goal for myself for each week in my pursuit of godliness and femininity. Most of you know my convictions about outward femininity, but the femininity I will be focusing on here is the inward femininity, the condition of my heart. I invite you to take this journey with me, and perhaps we can be of encouragement to each other along the way.

My goal for this week: Love Jesus More!


More than my husband, more than my children, more than things of the world. More than comforts, more than my own life, God is deserving of more. God created me, He formed me in my mother's womb. Before He gave me conception, He knew me and loved me. He gave me breath of life, He had guided and protected me thus far in my life, and He will not fail to continue to do so. He always has time to listen, to hear, and to respond to me, lowly me. Jesus did for ME on the cross, for MY sins and transgressions He was beaten and bruised and for ME He gave up the spirit. For me He conquered death and paved a way to Heaven if I would only believe! He has longsuffering toward me, He reprimands me and directs me to the correct paths. He is deserving of all of my love, devotion, adoration, and praise. Our Lord makes it clear that anyone who loves anyone more than Him is not worthy of Him, and oh how I strive to be worthy, although I know it is impossible, for in myself I would never be. 

Of course, as a wife, my relationship with my husband should be a picture of the Church's relationship with Christ, so my wonderful husband is my second most important relationship to cultivate, to love Him as I would Christ, but my relationship with God still remains number one. 


My goal, Love Jesus more. Love Jesus Most.







No comments:

Post a Comment