Saturday, March 17, 2012

Overcoming Mountains on Day One

I feel like I just fought an uphill battle and won, even though Amy is still in her room screaming. I told her 30 minutes ago that she had a set amount of time to clean her room so that I can vacuum, came back in after that time and saw that she had been playing rather than cleaning up. Exhausted of disciplinary ideas, I told her that since she chose to not listen to me, since I have asked her to clean her room three times already today and she has deliberately chosen to disobey me, thereby disobeying God, she will not be getting dessert tonight and I will be getting rid of all the toys that are still on the floor. Of course, this was followed by screaming of "Mommy!! Mommy!! I WILL CLEAN UP, I JUST WANT A TREAT AFTER DINNER!!" Echoed again and again. I told her that she can clean up her toys and keep them, but she will not be getting any dessert because she chose not to obey me the first time I asked (or second or third), and maybe this will remind her next time that she needs to obey the first time asked. She threw a complete tantrum screaming at me saying "I JUST WONT STOP CRYING UNTIL YOU GIVE ME DESSERT AFTER DINNER!!!" To which I calmly replied "I'm sorry, then you will just have to keep on crying." Then I shut her door (because I will not give audience to her ugliness of behavior) and walked away. I did not lose my temper, I did not yell, and I did not spank. I feel like I overcame a major obstacle.

It is possible! Look out world! A new, more gentle and calm momma is coming to town! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment