Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mommy Training: Part 3 - Distractions


Distractions. There are enough of them in a single day to last anyone a lifetime. With a mission as important as motherhood and nation building, adding to them unnecessarily would certainly be looked upon as an unwise decision. Today, I culled through myself, my emotions, and the roots of many of my frustrations. I found that most of my frustrations come from not being able to be everything to everyone. I'm just one person with twenty four hours in each day just like everyone else. I can only be so much, I can only do so much, so I need to make it count. Between running my business and being the bookkeeper and planner for my husband's business, homeschooling, keeping home, and raising six children, my plate is full to overflowing. With blessings, of course, but overflowing nonetheless. 
I have come to realize that sometimes Satan can take situations and use them to his advantage. 
Today, I deactivated my Facebook account. At least temporarily. For me, being the emotional type that I am, Facebook  can be a seed bed of bitterness and anger. It is a reminder of friendships lost that really did mean a lot to me, a reminder of brutal betrayal and slander that continues to this day, a full year later, and having been presented with a window into the lives of others, it brings upon me a burden that I am not capable of bearing at the present time. I have noticed over the past few weeks that I have become more bitter and more critical as painful things surface, and even as I bear witness to the hardships that others are being made to endure when I am unable to help as I wish I could. My problem is not what God has blessed me with, but rather what I have added onto those blessings that have caused life to become a heavy burden. I find myself surviving each day rather than thriving, and that is not a place where I want to spend the rest of my life. So, for now, until I can get to a place where I have more control over my emotions and other reactions, I am stepping back. I suffer from a social anxiety anyway, so I think it is for the best.


I will still be running Rose Cottage Creations, and our Teasley Family Farms website will still be running. I will still be taking orders and filling them. My friends know how to contact me if they desire. I'm sorry if, by doing this, I end up letting someone down, but please understand that I have to prioritize, and when I can't do it all, my top priorities must reign without a second thought. I have a lot of training to go before I am ready to take on more. 
So, as a shaping influence in my children's life, I have chosen to eliminate distractions so that I can better serve my family. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I will always understand. To me, that is what a real friend does. No matter what happens or who said what to me. I often feel this way too and feel enormous hurt from the same doings alot of the time.

    When of if you come back to FaceBook, I will most likely be around somewhere and will always be a friend :)

    Best Wushes, Tammie E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. Take care. You did the right thing. ~ crystal

    ReplyDelete