Thursday, January 24, 2013

Grace and Salt

Just because we have the blessed Gospel and the indwelling of the Spirit, that does not give us the authority to exercise judgement that we have not been called to exercise. We are to test all things according to Scripture, yes, but above all, having been recipients of grace, we are called to a ministry of grace. I don't care what ministry you say you have been called to, it will be a ministry of grace. We are NOT called to be judge, jury, and executioner. There is only ONE who can fill those roles, and He most certainly will when the time is right. We have been called as ambassadors of Christ, as trophies of His Grace, that we might share the Gospel of Grace among all nations. Grace is not without discipline, but grace is always guided by love; brotherly love. TRUE brotherly love. Rejecting one who does not agree with you is neither grace nor love. Punishing someone who, in their ignorance and sinful state, blasphemes against the One Holy God is not love. Using prayer requests as an excuse to gossip and entice others into a merciless and graceless act of retaliation is not love, neither is it holy.

As much grace as we have received, so should we extend to others, ALL the time, without excuse. I am SO glad that my Lord is longsuffering toward me. In my ignorance, He did not reject me and leave me reprobate. In my ignorance, He did not scald me in His wrath. He gently guided me, shepherded me, to the place where I would finally heed His call on bended knee with a broken and contrite heart. My mind calls to memory also those who were patient with me, those who gracefully called me to repentance rather than those who harshly rebuked me in my ignorance. Speech ALWAYS with grace, seasoned with salt. It's a learning curve, but a necessary one for ANY Christian. If you REALLY have the concern for souls that we should have as Christians, those lost, blind, and deaf in their ignorance will bring you to prayer in TEARS rather than kindle anger in you. If you are angry, you are being selfish. What right have WE to be angry when God HIMSELF is patient unto the Day of Wrath? Take no personal offense, because it isn't about us! It's about their soul, and about what Christ can do in them! Grace, Pure Grace. That is what the born-again Christian walk is ALL about. Remember that miry pit of sin and death from whence you came. We all must walk the same road, so extend that same grace to others.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
~Galatians 5:14

(See: Romans 12)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment