Friday, June 24, 2011

A Woman's High Calling Study ~ Coming Soon

I am embarking on a study of what it means to be a woman of God, and how to live it out. I will be using the book A Woman's High Calling: 10 Essentials for Godly Living by Elizabeth George as my study guide, and I invite you all to follow along. I have read this book time and time again and each time found great inspiration and encouragement to follow my high calling as God would have me do, so I am now putting my study in print for future reference, as well as perhaps inspiration and encouragement to any ladies like me who are seeking the same in their life. Namely, the will of God.



A quick note: the topics that will be covered in this study include our high calling to

1: Godliness
2: Godly Speech
3: Personal Discipline
4: Encouraging Others
5: Marriage + Loving our husband
6: Family + Loving our family
7: Wisdom
8: Purity
9: Home
10: Goodness

Postings will be on Mondays and Thursdays of each week beginning Monday, June 27th. Mondays will be the initial posting, and Thursdays will be the follow-up of each essential and how it can be applied to daily life.

I am sure that we have all prayed a prayer for god to help us be a godly woman. I know I have for sure, many times over. Author Elizabeth George states that while a worthy prayer, there is one problem: it is vague. She says "therefore over the years I have begun not only to pray to be a godly woman but also to ask, 'What does a godly woman do? How does she act? What is it about her that marks her out as a godly woman?' "

With those questions to direct us, we will be setting out to discover our high calling in Christ and find out what it means to be a godly woman. This study is about what the author calls the 'pink passages' of the Bible, or those that apply directly to us as women of God.

As Mrs. George states in her forward, I will echo it to myself and to my readers who are up for the task of coming along on this journey:

"So, do you want to grow in knowledge and grace? Do you want to learn more about being 'a godly woman'? Do you want to develop a good set of worthwhile lifetime goals? Do you want to move toward fulfilling a life-long dream of becoming God's kind of woman?"

Then let us do so in all eagerness, honesty, humility, and with all that we have. This is my heart's prayer.

1 comment: